Great marriages don’t just happen. God intends for this most important Institution to thrive and not just survive. Most marriages need help along the way in order for them to become everything God intends for them to be. The purpose of the Marriage Ministry is to provide the resources couples need to prepare for a happy and permanent marriage, enrich an existing marriage, or restore a struggling marriage. Here at COBBC, we are a church that encourages and equips couples in their marriages.
Whether you are newly married or have been married for 50 years, it is great to have support and fellowship with other Christian couples. Our mission is to see marriages saved, healed, set free, equipped and empowered for ministry.
We believe that no matter what the current state of your marriage, God can still use it for His Glory. Quite simply, God wants your marriage to be beyond excellent!
Our goal is :
- To provide Biblical instruction regarding marriage
- To provide opportunities for fellowship for married couples
- To provide encouragement for married couples
- To offer prayer for marriages
- Couples fellowship and teaching events at the church – these are usually free of charge and child care is typically offered.
- Marital Enrichment Classes – These classes cover the following topics: God’s Purpose for Marriage, The Role of the Husband, The Role of the Wife, Communication, Finances, Sexual Unity, Raising Children and Family Religion. The culminating event for this class is a Renewal of Vows ceremony, officiated by Pastor Dotson.
- Biblical Discipleship through the Master Life series – strengthening relationships with the Lord and with one another.
Other activities such as dinners and outings.
Glenn & Tonette Rogers